I have been a customer of BMW for more than 30 years,and was recently involved in a car accident. I sustained injuries to my sternum and was taken to hospital as I could not breath.

My airbags did not deploy and my seatbelt did not lock and I was flung into the steering wheel. The car was a write off. the faults was reported to Bmw, according to them diagnostic tests were run, which they refused to send the outcome to me. I was later referred to the Ombudsman with no results whats so ever.

Telling me they are closing the case.As far as I am concerned the failure of airbags and the seatbelt are technical faults, which they are trying to ignore. Previously I also had a situation where they worked on the steering wheel as it was leaking oil, if you turned to the right. I was travelling from Mosselbay to Cape Town when all of a sudden there where no gears. My son and myself where stranded along the side of the road.

They had to send a flatbed truck to take the vehicle to George, I only reached home 12.30am the following morning, 10 hours later. When I brought it under Bmw's attention, the guy wrote back" things happen", and they again did not take any responsibility. Is that the way that a client is treated after 30 Years? It could have had serious consequences as it was on the N2.

I am terribly disappointed in a company that I have supported over many years.

l would not recommend any body to buy a Bmw, as they treat you with no dignity what so ever. BMW is not the same as earlier years and I am sincerely disappointed.

Product or Service Mentioned: Bmw South Africa Customer Care.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments