State: Gauteng City: Little Falls Clear all filters (1 of 91 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:

BMW South Africa review in Little Falls, Gauteng: Bad post Service Plan service at Clearwater BMW.

3.3
Bought my X5 new at Clearwater BMW. Before the 105000 km service (out of service plan), I phoned BMW Clearwater before taking it in for approx. cost of only an OIL service - said was approx. R 1800.00 - phoned BMW Helderview and they quoted a similar figure. The dipped beam had failed on the left side so I also phoned BMW spares before the time and they said it would cost R 600 odd for replacement of the Xenon Globe. So I requested BMW Clearwater to please quote me before replacing it on the day I took the X5 in for its service. Got a call from Kim who said that the total cost of my service would be in excess of R 10 000.00 !!! Asked her to break that down for me - R 4200 for the xenon globe, and they had to do a coolant flush and the cost of the car wash was included too. I said NO - quote me for the OIL service only. Came down to R 2400. I said NO, You guys quoted me R 1800.00 where are the extra costs. Kim said she would phone me back. She did and said the oil service would now only be R 1900 - I asked how did she bring it down from R 2400 - she replied, I cant tell you. Then the same Xenon globe that I was quoted R 4200 for I got at GRANDMARK for R 527.82 - the exact same thing!!! I also phoned BMW Helderview and they said that a coolant flush was not done any more on the later model X5's. So there... That's the BS going on in terms of POST service plan servicing at BMW Clearwater - I have all the paper work as proof -and of course BMW tape all our chats....!!! So always check before You service ....!!!
Review
Service
Clearwater Bmw Oil Change
Pros
  • Car was washed for free - post service plan
Cons
  • Pre service quotes not being adhered to
  • Being lied too in terms of service items not required
  • Over pricing of your spares
Reason of review
Poor customer service
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered
Tags